Unless and until there is a written Buyer-Broker Agency Agreement signed with a prospective Buyer, then Ben Frederick Realty, Inc. (BFR), Ben Frederick Realty, Inc. represents the Seller. (“seller” includes “landlord” and “buyer” includes “tenant”, and “purchase” or “sale” includes “lease”)


While BFR represents the Seller, the following requirements apply to BFR and its agents, partners, and employees:

Any complaints about a real estate licensee may be filed with the Real Estate Commission at 500 North Calvert Street, Baltimore, MD 21202. (410) 230-6230.

Understand the Three Types of Agency Available in Maryland:

Agents Who Represent the Seller

If you are viewing a property and you have not signed a Brokerage Agreement, that agent represents the seller.

Agents Who Represent the Buyer

Dual Agents

The possibility of dual agency arises when the buyer’s agent and the seller’s agent both work for the same real estate company, and the buyer is interested in property listed by that company. The real estate broker or the broker’s designee, is called the “dual agent.” Dual agents do not act exclusively in the interests of either the seller or buyer, and therefore cannot give undivided loyalty to either party. There may be a conflict of interest because the interests of the seller and buyer may be different or adverse.

If both seller and buyer agree to dual agency by signing a Consent For Dual Agency form, the “dual agent” (the broker or the broker’s designee) shall assign one agent to represent the seller (the seller’s “intra-company agent”) and another agent to represent the buyer (the buyer’s “intra-company agent”). Intra-company agents are required to provide the same services to their clients that agents provide in transactions not involving dual agency, including advising their clients as to price and negotiation strategies.

If either party does not agree to dual agency, the real estate company must withdraw the brokerage agreement for that particular property with either the buyer or seller, or both. If the seller’s agreement is terminated, the seller must then either represent him or herself or arrange to be represented by an agent from another real estate broker/company. If the brokerage agreement is terminated, the buyer may choose to enter into a written brokerage agreement with a different broker/company. Alternatively, the buyer may choose not to be represented but simply to receive assistance from the seller’s agent, from another agent in that company, or from a subagent from another company.

Contact Ben Frederick Realty for any questions pertaining to our agency disclosure.